On 25th May 2018, there was a change in data protection law in the UK. This information outlines the personal data that we, Grant Builders Ltd, hold about you, how this data is used and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Grant Builders Ltd takes our customers privacy seriously. We collect customers data via the phone, email, website and Facebook. The personal data we collect can include:
- Contact phone number
- Contact email
- Scope of the work looking to be undertaken
This data is used to:
- Undertake the work that has been agreed.
- Provide you with a written quotation for the work you would like completed.
- Order materials for delivery from our suppliers.
- Provide your address as a place of work for our employees/sub-contractors.
- Send your invoices.
- Contact you with any queries we may have.
The information taken is never shared for marketing purposes. We will only share your information with companies and individuals who are supplying or providing a quotation for materials/labour.
Grant Builders Ltd holds records of work undertaken for 6 years. Information taken from customers that does not result in Grant Builders Ltd undertaking work will be kept for 1 year. After the relevant data retention period all paper information will be securely destroyed and electronic information deleted. We will conduct a monthly review to remove all historic data.
You’re Rights under the General Data Protection Act
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For more information on your rights under the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) visit – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-
You have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority which is the Information commissioner’s office (ICO) if you think
your personal information has been handled incorrectly.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, then please email us on email@example.com or call us on 01245 422226